Business Context and Main Purpose of The Job
To Lead a tea Manufacturing Factory in accordance with laid down Company policies and procedures. To ensure the production and packaging of company products, according to the production plan and within company’s quality and safety standards. The Factory Manager must is a leader of the entire factory operations, She/He must be able to build constructive relationships and be a supporting resource to the agriculture department leadership in developing, setting and executing department goals and the strategic plan in accordance with UTT mission statement
Reporting Structure / Relationships
The factory/Plant manager is reporting to the General Manager
- Planning and enforcing factory production schedules.
- Constantly check that all sections of manufacture are operated in line with best quality practice and are in line with the Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Review labour productivity, shift cover and contracting opportunity to achieve cost effectiveness.
- Check, authorize and ensure dispatch of production reports on a regular basis. The reports include weekly and monthly tea returns, firewood issues and stocks.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records and apply them to measure performance and identify trends in key performance indicators e.g. water, energy consumption, solid waste, employee roll call records for improvement.)
- Carry out specific projects and tasks.
SAFETY HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT (SHE)
- Implement of company defined policies allowing the unit /Department to meet Occupational Health, Safety environment care and consumer safety requirements
- Proactive identification of hazards or environment aspects and putting in place effective safeguards aiming at eliminating /reduction of accidents or incidents.
- Draw up objectives and targets, management programmes, reviews, and document.
- Check and approve SHE returns to include OHS &EPR, accidents return and personnel numbers for the calculation of accident frequency rates.
- Lead the factory accident investigation team to carry out investigations of all accidents in the factory.
- Hold factory SHE committee meetings on quarterly basis and action on the recommendations.
- Implement all aspects of the legal and statutory requirements touching on OHS and E.
- Plan for emergency drills (e.g., fire drills, alarm tests, water pollution).
- Carry out training on SHE for all the unit employees and third parties.
- Take full responsibilities in ensuring that Third party/contractors are aware and that they follow provided Safety guidelines.
- Overall responsibility for the Management of Change (new equipment, new employees, process change, new products/formulation)
PERSONNEL: (INDUSTRIAL/EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- To develop and achieve the synergy between technical and human capabilities to maximize manufacturing performance by maintaining discipline, welfare and morale of workers, issuing instructions and training of staff
- Implement the Company personnel policies, CBA and labour laws at all times. The New labour laws and the employment act to ensure full compliance.
- In consultation with HR department, plan and fulfil the training needs for all direct reports, graded staff, and unit employees to develop them to meet the present and future needs of the business (SHE, FQA, SOP etc).
- Attend court proceedings on behalf of the company on matters relating to the unit.
- Build and maintain good industrial relations with all stakeholders.
MAINTENANCE AND ENGINEERING
- Develop a factory machinery maintenance plan/schedule and ensure provision of sufficient resources for full implementation.
- Ensure critical machinery spares are stocked at the factory or ordered from Logistics Department.
- Responsibility for implementation of unit engineering projects (timing, Safety, MOC, Contractor Management, Commissioning, validation).
- Food Quality Assurance (FQA)
- Formulate action points for full implementation of the Unilever/UTTL Quality and
CONSUMER SAFETY POLICY.
- Facilitate Implementation of the Unilever Food quality and consumer safety framework standards by conducting food quality and safety risk assessments, hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP), inspections, drawing up quality assurance objectives and targets, management programme and reviews including documentation.
- Carry out a food quality and safety made tea traceability as required.
ACCOUNTING, CASH, PAYROLL & STOCK CONTROLS
- Ensure that unit accounts returns are checked and approved for submission to Finance Department as per Returns checklist.
- Responsible for ensuring that unit accounts discussions are done monthly as per agreed timetable with Finance partner. Ensure accounts discussion points are actioned accordingly.
- Budget forecasting in line with the factories operation requirements and manage expenditure accordingly.
- Carry out variance analysis of unit budgets versus actual expenditure and investigate adverse variances and take corrective action.
- Responsible for the unit payroll system. Ensuring that access to the system is well controlled through restricted access rights to various users.
- Check and approve payroll source documents (Daily attendance, muster sheet, labour distribution sheet, overtime sheets) for payment.
- Carry out appropriate verifications of the same documents/inputs with the payroll outputs summaries.
- Ensure unit cash receipts are posted into unit cash book and safely kept in unit cash safe.
- Ensure Petty cash vouchers must be approved in line with the authority given as per the Authority Limits schedule.
- Ensure the unit cashbook is always kept up to date and entries must be made as and when they occur.
- Carry out daily & weekly cash count and ensure that the cash in hand always agree with the balance shown in the cash book
- Ensure security of unit cash at all times and that cash hand overs are properly documented.
- Be in-charge of the factory cash and all related documents (receipts, cash book, Petty cash voucher and cash requisition).
- Ensure that the monthly unit stores journal is verified and approved before sending Responsible for ensuring that all unit stocks are properly accounted for. All stock receipts should be posted into bin card and stock issues are approved and updated promptly
- Ensure weekly & monthly management checks on the unit stocks at the stores i.e., carry out physical count and tie with bin card.
- Ensure an up-to-date record of all non-stock items maintained in the unit stores.
- to Finance for interface.
- Notify finance of any stock losses, damages, obsolescence etc.
- Product and Process Expertise
- Manufacturing Performance control
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Asset Care and Management
- Supply Chain process and management
- Finance Management
- HR Management and industrial relation
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.