Qualifications of the applicant
• Have a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a Government recognized College.
• Be able to speak fluently and write in Kiswahili and English.
• Be able to use a computer.
• Have at least two years of experience.
• Be a citizen of Tanzania.
• Provide legal advice to Teachers and the Association.
• Resolve the professional conflicts that Teachers face.
• To monitor the resolution of various problems of Teachers in various Government offices and Employers.
• Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and yearly work reports for the Department.
• Preparing the Department’s budget.
• Ensuring the Department receives various legal articles.
• Monitor and obtain various changes to the Act (Amendments) as well as the Government Gazette.
• Monitoring the availability of judgments of the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals (Authorities).
• Maintaining the Library of Legal Affairs.
• To perform such other functions as may be assigned to him by the Secretary-General or the Head of Department.
All applicants must be Tanzanian Citizens and not older than 45 years. All applicants must attach a birth certificate. Applicants should attach a detailed personal information (Detailed C.V) with trusted addresses and phone numbers as well as the names of three reliable referees. Form IV and VI exam certificate. Academic certificates. Applicants must have at least two years of experience. One recent passport size photo should be named in the background. Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should ensure that their certificates are verified and approved by the relevant Authorities (TCU and NECTA). Submission of forged information and credentials will be subject to legal action. Applications may be written in Kiswahili or English. Applicants who meet the criteria will be invited to the interview. via the following address:
General Secretary, Tanzania Teachers Union,
Email: [email protected]